Thursday, October 1, 2015

I Love Tea...Stunned When I Listened to This Piece on BBC News!!

       When I think 'tea' I think of the drink I've had from I was a child growing up in Jamaica...(I only got to like coffee after migrating to the United States). But there is still nothing like a cup of tea...any kind..Chamomile, Mint, Green, and yes, brands such as Lipton, Tetley, and now Assam, which I was personally able to try, and bring back home, from my trip to India this past summer.  Heck, tea and I have a relationship! We have history!
        So when my husband and I, a couple evenings ago tuned in to the BBC News' report on the appalling conditions of workers on tea estates in India, to say I was shocked would be an understatement. My goodness, on my day trip to Tamil Nadu, my friends Riyas and Yasir stopped for pictures so my colleagues and I could see and touch tea plants! The weather was divine, balmy 60s farenheit, sunny, and just enjoyable.  We saw ladies at work picking tea leaves.

Check out the story for yourself.


A Tea Story That' s Not Tasty

No comments:

Post a Comment