Thursday, September 17, 2015

There is a phenomenon that exists where one doesn't begin seeing or noticing, say, a particular type of car until one actually owns one.  I expect most of us are familiar with this concept.

For me, it's playing out in the fact that so much in the news over the past couple of months relates to India!  Of course I just got back from visiting this awe-inspiring, complex country of paradoxes back in late July.  I can't help but be drawn to many of the reports because so many of them involve issues relating to women rights, and children's education.  See for yourself.  Take a look at some of the links below.

This story reminds makes me think of many teachers I met in Bangalore and Kerala



Do You Want, or Enjoy the Right to "Loiter" Where You Live?



Can You Imagine Living in a Place as a Female Where Your Birth is Not a Welcome Addition to the Family?

No comments:

Post a Comment